Friday, July 15, 2005

Pastoral Walk Thru Finksburg

I think my muse must have been off on vacation for the past week or so. Happily, it's back again and I can post. I've missed my blog! It's time to get back into writing.

I want to start by describing and showing a walk we took around our neighborhood at the beginning of the week. Luckily I had the forethought to bring my camera with me. I'm so glad I did, because there were some beautiful photos for the taking. I can't get over how beautiful the scenery is here. Within walking distance of our home there is a very old, beautiful horse farm, streams and and several ponds. We saw a gaggle of geese (I've never used that word in a sentence before!) who were swimming in the brook, then trooped out and marched across a lawn.

Paddlers

Goose Walk

The greens of the vegetation were wonderful, reminding me of the 40 shades of green in Ireland.
Fencing

Beaver Run

Here's a burro who came up to the fence for a pet.
Brown Eyes

I love the old weathered barns.
Weathered Barn

Old Barn

Old Gas Pump


The following photos are just beauty that speaks for itself.
Beaver Run Pond, Maryland

Beaver Run Brook

Streamside

Sun in the Forest

Log Cabin on Pond

Log House

Broken Rail Fence

Farm Pond

Boarders

Reflections

Pastoral Scene

I can't believe how fortunate we are to live in such a beautiful area!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Who Links Here