Monday, May 30, 2005

Bragging Rights

I'm not usually too much of a gardener. I try, but I'm not very consistent. Well, I'm turning over a new leaf, and this weekend I outdid myself with the mowing, weeding, planting, weedwacking, and general cleanup. Jim was busy all weekend working on rebuilding our waterfall and finishing up the deck he and his son are building at David's house. The yard looks really great, and I'm glad I stuck with it, even though it about did me in. As a reward, I decided to cut a bouquet of the irises for the table. They are just gorgeous, perhaps because of all the rain we had this spring. This is the first time I've ever had irises in my yard, and I can see why they are so loved by gardeners. I really hope they will last for a while.

DSC00032

DSC00031

This handmade infant's dress and hat was crocheted by my young friend K as a shower gift for her co-worker. It took her many hours, and the result is this exquisite, intricately handcrafted future heirloom. K has made a number of these sets for other friends and family members who were having babies. She always dresses a bear in the dress and hat as part of the gift. Lucky moms, lucky babies!

DSC00075

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Who Links Here