Thursday, April 14, 2005

Well, I've calmed down ...

...since last night when I had my tantrum. It is so frustrating to me to lose something I've spent a lot of time on with the computer. I've taken the precaution of first writing my blog entry in my word processing application. I'll save it, then post it to the blog. If it goes through, okey dokey. If it disappears into cyberspace, then nah nah nah - I'll repost it from my saved file. Assuming I remembered to save it.

I think I had been lulled into a false sense of security on Blogger. Although remembering my early-on blog site meltdown where I had to recreate the whole bloody mess from scratch, I should have been aware there are pitfalls lurking. But after that first disaster, everything was going along swimmingly, and I assumed life would be kind. But we all know what happens when we assume ... we make an ass of u and me.

I know, I know - that was tres lame. Enough grousing already.

What I had been repeatedly trying to post was an account of my bus trip to Washington D.C. with my fellow Red Hatters to see the cherry blossoms. Once in Washington, we boarded this futuristic-looking vessel called the Odyssey for a leisurely float down the Potomac.






It was wonderful. Tres posh. They fed us very well, there were two live bands, windows galore for blossom-watching, and the weather couldn't have been nicer. A great day all around. We were all decked out in our purple and red finery and made ourselves noticed, as we always do. Great fun.

As fun as this blogging is, I have to quit now and go back to the taxes. They're due tomorrow and I don't want to wait til the last minute. Wink, wink.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Who Links Here