Monday, April 18, 2005

One Ringy-Dingy, Two Ringy-Dingys ...

Today we made our final break with California to be totally Marylandized. We've been using our cell phones with California area code and phone numbers for the past two years, much to the confusion of locals who wonder who the heck is calling them from La Jolla. We made a phone-buying date to meet at the local mall, but failed to specify where. My phone rang. Jim.

She: "Where are you? I just came through Boscov's"
He: "I'm over here."
Huh?
She: "Over here? Over where??"
He: "Turn around, behind you."

Mad waving in the distance. It struck me so funny. Telling someone over the phone to look over here. Guess you had to be there. Anyway, on to the Verizon store to pick out spanking new flip-open camera phones. Makes our previous models look prehistoric. Text messaging? I don't think so. Reminds me of passing notes in class. Then on to the paperwork phase of closing out the deal. I've been to escrow closings that took about the same amount of time. Sheesh!

Stopped at Olive Garden on the way home for an early dinner. Haven't been there in quite a while. Have you had the new Stuffed Chicken Marsala? Oh. My. God. It is fantastic. Doubly good to me because I can finally taste again after a week or more of a sinus cold that cut out my sense of smell and taste. Delicious!

Once home, Jim broke out his new phone and started pushing buttons. Long story short, before he had made the first call, the screen froze up and said data corrupted. He called the store and the sales guy said "Uh, oh. Sorry. It's defective, you'll have to bring it in for a replacement."

Well, mine is working. Now on to the instructional CD and 127 page User's Guide.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Who Links Here