Thursday, April 28, 2005

Ms. Yakkity-Yak

I was always a pretty good kid. Never got into any real trouble. Kind of shy, still in the generation who feared/respected authority and never mouthed off to adults. Except when I was a teenager, that is, but that's to be expected. I mean I was a pretty normal kid, after all. Not too goody-goody. The only problems my teachers ever had with me was talking in class. And I sure did a lot of that. My report cards bear witness to it.

Well, would you believe after all these years, I got in trouble AGAIN for talking in class? Water aerobics. We had a substitute instructor who's a lot harder on us than our usual trainer, who puts up with lots of yakking and laughing from all of us. Well, I just had a quick message to relay to one of the women, sidled over, got busted, and had to do an additional 10 crunches - after we had just finished 100! "Okay, everyone relax, except for YOU. Another 10 crunches for TALKING!"

Yeesh. Punished! Guess I'll never learn that lesson. Oh well ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Who Links Here