Monday, March 21, 2005

The Beginning of a New Week

I hope I have greater success with knitting this week than last. Friday Night Knit Wits was frustrating for all of us. For some reason we were all making mistakes, having to rip back, and start over. The good news is that P perfected her knitting and did a beautiful job, after some starts and stops, but at the end of the evening she had graduated from practicing and was ready to start a baby sweater. K made a fabulous chicken dinner in her crockpot, and we all loved it. Once again, the best part of the evening was just being together and sharing laughs.

I'm working on my war blanket - the afghan I started when Iraq invaded Kuwait, but abandoned after the rout. A mistake was discovered that required starting over, and I didn't have the patience. It was taken up again when the U.S started the war with Iraq, restarted after correcting the error, and 3 out of 5 strips finished before once again being cast aside. Well, it's back on the needles again. Let's hope this time is the charm and I can finally use it. It's really soft and pretty, a harringbone/checkerboard pattern in mauve, green and ivory. Maybe if I finish it the war will be over. Good thought, anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Who Links Here